Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring has not sprung... yet.

Unfortunately we're currently getting snow and ice here and Maryland. A couple days ago it was 70 degrees. We're also supposed to have a 60 degree day some time this week. Mother nature is awfully confused. I'm hoping that means I can get a snow day out of all of this. I was really hoping that we were going to have an early spring and it seems that we were just being teased.

I had a long day at school today but I feel good about my classes. I am learning a lot in Italian (and struggling to keep it all straight). Unfortunately my 3+ years of French are mixing up my brain. Genetics is extremely interesting and we're studying genotypes, phenotypes and of course the Punnet square. I learned something interesting - it's easier to create a baby (through genetic modification) that has blue eyes than it is to create a baby with brown eyes! And yes, they do make "designer" babies these days.

I have long over-due photos of Valentine's Day and other recent things. I find that I spend 50% of my free time at a book store or a toy store. I really do love both of these places, mostly because they are places that I can let Daniel run around and I can also have fun as well. On a recent trip to Barnes & Noble I found a great, thick bound book of Poe stories and poems for only $20. That's a steal! I also picked up a Disney princess coloring book to appease my inner 5 year old. Daniel goes to the book store just to play with the train set and fool around with other little kids. We did manage to coax him into wanting a couple books, one about a boy named Danny and his dinosaur and the other about bugs. Daniel and the bugs, sheesh. He'd much rather go out and catch the bugs, though. To each his own.






No comments: