Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year



I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, I am still sick. I am getting over a nasty case of viral gastroenteritis. That's a fancy way of saying your stomach is really screwed up. I stayed home with my fiance and watched the ball drop. No bars, no drinking. I had one glass of wine and that was probably a mistake. Having an illness that involves your digestive system means you can't drink anything with alcohol or eat spicy foods, no caffeine, etc. Spicy food and coffee are my life! I did get some alcohol for my family and when I was  there I was told by the 40-something guy behind the counter that I looked 17. That's definitely a first but I'll take that as a compliment, haha.

I am hoping to get better quickly and I'll be celebrating my 22nd birthday on the 24th of this month! That's exciting but a little scary. Three years until I'm 25 and that's "mid-twenties". I feel like I'm still 18 or something. I actually forget that I'm old enough to buy alcohol all the time. No matter, I'm looking forward to celebrating with my friends and family.

I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.

No comments: