Friday, December 10, 2010

First Snowfall of the Season

Today we got the first "real" snowfall of the season, even if it wasn't much. It only snowed for about 45 minutes and it left a pretty light dusting on the ground but it was still pretty and fun to kick around. Someone flipped their car over right when it had started snowing on my street, don't know how that happened! They would have had to be going really fast in order to accomplish that. Traffic was terrible. I'm just wondering what is going to happen if this Sunday storm brings quite a bit of snow and is more snow than rain. I have finals on Monday! We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I have two finals left and then I am done with the Fall 2010 semester. Thank goodness! It's so weird starting school when it's 90+ degrees out and finishing when it's cold and snowing. I distinctly remember one of the first days of school standing out on the parking lot and having the pavement radiating heat onto the backs of legs - it felt like my legs were on fire! And now my nose runs when I walk from building to building. So, so strange but I am so thankful that the cold weather is finally here. Hopefully we'll get more snow before Christmas (or on Christmas, always crossing my fingers for that).

Here are some pictures from today:





My neighbor's town house, my town house. We need to add more lights!

Goofball :)

Don't be fooled, these shoes are NOT good in the snow. But they're warm.

No comments: